In this article, we are going to give brief information on TN Patta Chitta. Also, we guide you on how to apply for Patta Chitta online from the official website eservices.tn.gov.in. Before going to all this process, you should know the eligibility to apply for patta, and after that, you have to validate your certificate. You can also know the TN Patta Chitta Status online without going to CSC Centre. You can do all these at your home if you follow the exact steps we have given below.
Patta Chitta is a land record document of a property holder. Tamil Nadu Land Revenue Department holds a responsibility to issue the TN Patta Chitta document. Recently Tamil Nadu Govt has launched a Patta Chitta online web portal to apply and also view the land records online.
You are familiar with the word Patta Chitta if you belong to Tamil Nadu. If you don’t know we will explain those briefly in this article. If you are the property holder, the word Patta Chitta comes to mind on how to apply, eligibility to apply for TN Patta Chitta online.
What is Patta?
Patta is a legal document issued by the Government of Tamil Nadu. It refers to the actual name of the owner of the property. The piece of document will be recorded in the revenue department. It is also known as “Record of Rights” (ROR). The details that are mentioned in the patta are:
- Property owner name
- Concerned District Name, Taluk, Village.
- Patta Number
- Description of Land Type wet or dry.
- Sub division and survey number.
- Tax Details and Land Area information.
What is Chitta?
It also named a legal revenue document. It mentions the information on immovable property. The Chitta document will be issued by the Village Administrative Officer (VAO) and Taluka office. The Chitta document gives information about the owner name of the property, size of the land, area of the land.
Overview of TN Patta Chitta Portal
|Name of the Portal||TN Patta Chitta Land Record|
|Launched by||Tamil Nadu Government|
|Beneficiaries||People’s of Tamil Nadu|
|Name of the Dept||Revenue Department|
|Article about||TN Patta Chitta Online, Status of Patta, Eligibility|
|Article Category||Tamil Nadu Govt Schemes|
TN Patta Chitta Online Application Procedure – How to Apply?
Follow the steps below to apply patta chitta online, you can do yourself without help from others if you follow the steps exactly what we have given the process of applying TN Patta Chitta below. After applying the patta online, you can also check the status of chitta patta.
- To apply online patta chitta, you need to visit the official website of Tamil Nadu Revenue department.
- On the homepage of the website, you will able to see the “View Patta & FMB / Chitta / TSLR Extract” text link. Now click on the link.
- Now you have to select your district, area type, under area type you have to select the “Rural” or Urban” option.
- Now click on the submit button.
For Urban Area
- In the urban area option, you have to select the district, from the drop-down box select the Taluk name and village name. And, choose one from the Patta or survey number, after that fill the captcha code and click on the submit button.
For Rural Area
- Enter your district, taluka, city, ward, block, survey number, subdivision number, and click on “Submit” while filling the CAPTCHA code.
- After completion of filling the Patta Chitta details form, verify it once again to know the details correct or wrong.
- If you come to know the details are valid, now click on the submit button.
Now, the Revenue Department officer, Town Land surveyor will verify the details in the Patta Chitta online form to know the submitted details are correct or wrong. If the details are correct, the officers will issue Patta Chitta certificate online mentioning the information of the property holder such as land survey number, municipal gate number, locality e.t.c
Guide for Transfer of Patta Chitta Online
Transferring of TN Patta Chitta will only be done at the time of property sale. The Process of Transfering the Chitta Patta to the sale deed is the same as the process of registering the property or land. Below are the mentioned documents are required to transfer Patta Chitta.
- You have to submit a copy of the land sale record i.e Patta Chitta EC.
- You can get the Property EC at the sub-registrar office.
- The proof of documents of property holder such as electricity bill, water bill.
- An affidavit
- The later stage you should submit the following documents at your nearest Tehsildar office such as application form with vital documents that support getting TN Patta Chitta.
- The verification will be done for the documents you have submitted for the property or land. This stage the officers choice to accept or reject the application based on the documents.
How to Check TN Patta Chitta Status Online
- Visit the official website of Tamil Nadu E-District https://edistricts.tn.gov.in/revenue_report/status.html.
- At the Time of applying TN Patta Chitta online, the application ID is generated.
- Now that Application ID is useful here to know the status of the application of Chitta Patta online.
- Now enter the application id and fill the captcha details in the box.
- After that click on the “Get Status” button.
- Now you are able to view the status of the application of Patta Chitta.
- You can also download or take the print of the patta application status.
How to know the Validation Your Patta Certificate
- Visit the official website of eservices.tn.gov.in Patta Chitta to check the validation of the certificate.
- Now click on the verify patta link.
- Now Enter the Reference number and click on the submit button.
Patta Chitta Authorized Fee
To get Patta Chitta Certificate Online, you have to deposit the fee of Rs.100/-
We hope this article has given you detailed information on TN Patta Chitta, How to check the status of patta application, and many more. If you have any sounds on TN Patta Chitta online comment below we will reply you as soon as possible.
FAQ’s on TN Patta Chitta
How to View TN Patta Chitta Online?
You have to visit the official website of chitta patta website to view. If you want to know briefly, refer the article above.
It is Compulsory to Hava TN Patta?
For your question, it is Yes, It is a legal document of the property owner. It helps in selling or buying the land/property.
How can I transfer Patta Online?
Yes, You can transfer in your name if you are the right person or heir of the property/landowner. You can transfer in your name by consent of others.